New mechanical designs of robots
- See the our robot zoo for
- full details.
In the field of Autism research we worked in two areas:
- Designing computational models that can explain Autism.
- Providing technical equipment to help ASD children with robots and music therapy
Here a demo video if the robot imitating a human who plays a song
Recent results can be read in
- Peng Ying Hua, Wang Ming Liang, Norbert Michael Mayer, Yu-Fen Peng, and Joanna Kossewska. Music play using a vibraphone with a humanoid robot as interaction training for autistic children. International Journal of Automation and Smart Technology (AUSMT), 8(1):29–34, 2018.
- Horng Wu, Wen-Chun Chen, and N. M. Mayer. A face recognition system that simulates perception impairments of autistic children. Neurocomputing, pages 770–776, 2015.
Machine learning: Reservoir computing
We investigated the properties of critical echo state networks.
We investigate models of brain development. This film shows a model from the year 2000 where N. M. Mayer investigated the development of point singularities in the maps of orientation preference in the visual cortex V1.